It is often during exam time all the unnecessary thoughts come to our mind. There will be a lot of distractions from within and outside us .But don’t fall for it.Instead of studying hard amidst all these distractions,study smart .Here are some simple tips that will help you get rid of these distractions and regain your focus on studies.
- First of all keep all gadgets away.Try to switch off your mobile phone or keep it away from the study room. Or else the temptation to check for messages and notification will distract your studies.The same goes for computer,laptops and tablets.Unless these are required for studies,keep them away before you begin studying.
- Secondly do not encourage “COMBINE STUDY”,unless your friends are good study partners.If you feel that your environment is disturbing move on to another space where you feel comfortable to study effectively.If there are any background noises that disturbs you get some noise cancelling headphones.
- There are people who can study only if their body is engaged along with the mind.They are known as Kinesthetic learners.If you belong to this category ,make use of a pen,rubber band or even balls to stay focused.
- Ensure that you study the most challenging section during the peak energy hours. If not you are simply wasting your time.
- Meet your physical needs before you start studying.Drink water,have food,go to the bathroom and finish off all other physical needs so that you need not get out of the seat as soon as you start studying.
- Distractions may not only be external.Sometimes they may come from within in the form of thoughts.The silly internal questions which arises exactly during the study time distracts you from studies.The simple solution to this is answer these questions and move on.
- Turn all your negative thoughts into positive ones.Negative thoughts like, “This chapter is tough or boring or I cant study” can lead to disappointment and lack of concentration.Instead motivate yourself thinking that YOU WILL DO it to achieve your goals.